When it comes to application development and systems integration, a one-size-fits-all service approach can leave you stretched thin. A custom approach may be just the right fit.
CAS Severn has been working with corporations, YMCAs, higher education, state and local governments, and the federal government for more than 30 years. This has given us the experience to view each client case differently.
CAS Severn draws from a team experienced engineers and developers, so you can rest assured that we can handle any application development project your organization requires.
Our team is capable of being accountable for a specific stage in the software development lifecycle, or being accountable for the entire project from start to finish.
We offer full-service and full-lifecycle support for the applications we develop, including:
- Project management
- Requirements development
- Business analysis
- Testing and quality assurance
User experience design and application modernization services
Do your applications function as needed, but require an upgraded graphical user interface? Updating the aesthetics and design of an application can dramatically improve the user experience for end users and administrators alike.
Whether you need a completely overhauled graphical user interface or a web browser based interface, our team of designers and developers can deploy a solution that improves user experience without compromising existing functionality.
Software administration and optimization
Even if you have the right application in place, that doesn’t mean it will run the way you need it to. If your business applications are slow and bogging down your organization’s efficiency, it is time to bring CAS Severn in for software administration and optimization. We modify, adjust, and tune your technology settings so you can maximize your return on application investment.
Application solution success highlights:
- Custom application development: We built a custom application for a specialty medical board to keep track of its processes and memberships, saving time and streamlining its administrative work.
- User experience design services: We modernized an old “green screen” application for a group of athletic associations and created a modern browser-based intranet solution.
- Custom Adapter/Workflow for iSeries allows IBM Security Identity Manager to Protect Home-grown Apps – Like many industries still using iSeries, a large insurance company had created many home-grown applications through the years to meet their business needs. As a highly regulated industry facing increasing cybersecurity threats, they needed to create workflows to monitor their applications for user authentication and authorization, as well as granting user access to those applications. Join this session to see how the company used IBM Security Identity Manager, which supports many different operating systems, to protect their applications by creating a custom adapter for iSeries home-grown applications and workflows for the non-supported applications.
Enterprise process and content knowledge / management services
Process management allows you to make better business decisions faster by involving the right people at the right time.
Through our collaboration solutions, we provide the ability to manage various document versions, build out document-driven processes, and automate publishing processes.
CAS Severn’s enterprise process and content/knowledge management services will provide your company with a single trusted and accurate source for all of your electronic business documents and make sure that it is readily available to your workforce or clients.
System integration services we provide
Our process management solutions include:
- Systems that manage all forms of electronic documents
- Automation and electronic management of your business processes
- Connectivity between disparate business systems and applications to provide a single trusted view of key performance indicators
- Email archival
- Records management
- Report management
Electronic document management
Is your organization ready to embrace a digital workplace? If you’re still sifting through physical copies of documents, we can help you automate cumbersome and costly paper driven processes.
We can help you consolidate your data in a more economically and environmentally friendly way by deploying a content / knowledge management system that’s hosted on secure servers. These servers can be cloud based, on premise, or a hybrid of both.
- Virtual Infrastructures from entry level to fully automated
- Disaster recovery and high availability
- Virtual appliance deployment for backup, networking and application acceleration
- Cloud computing – both public and private
- Desktop virtualization
- Converged networking and storage
- Virtualization health check-ups
System integration success highlights:
- Imaged medical records system: We provided an imaged medical records system to audit medical claims for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid. The team also leveraged IBM’s content management applications to provide the central repository of imaged medical documents and provide business process management functions.
- Content management services: We implemented FileNet software to help the State Lottery Commission take paper applications and scan, index, and file the documents, allowing for electronic search and retrieval. This project enabled the State to handle a large volume of new work with minimal investment in new staff.
- Electronic document management and virtualization: We provided the first virtual solution for a large nonprofit organization, saving it in energy, administrative, and maintenance costs.