Organizations today are faced with the challenge of limited IT budgets, disparate systems, and the need to keep mission-critical applications available at all times. CAS Severn’s storage and systems management experts will work with you to customize a solution that will addresses your organization-specific and industry-specific challenges. With so many storage options, brands, and strategies today, choosing the right fit for your organization’s needs can be overwhelming and time-consuming. That’s why we want to know more about your challenges and goals, and what solutions your team is exploring. Our team of experts can work with your team to validate, recommend options, or build a custom solution to meet your specific needs.
We specialize in every type and flavor of data storage, as well as storage efficiency technologies such as thin provisioning, compression, and deduplication. The marketplace is seeing an explosion in storage innovation, and CAS Severn invests in staying abreast of the newest options like these.
- Converged and Hyper-Converged Infrastructure Solutions
- Server SAN Solutions
- On-Prem Backup and Disaster Recovery Storage Solutions
- All-Flash Storage Solutions
- Scale-Out NAS Solutions
- Solid-state Drives (SSD)
- Software-defined and Object Storage
- Cloud and Hybrid Cloud Storage
Data loss can be extremely costly to an organization. Not only can it affect an organization’s productivity, but it can also cause legal exposure, damage a company’s reputation, and hinder client relationships. It’s important to find a data backup and recovery solution that is flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. CAS Severn’s team often recommends IBM Spectrum Protect, a data protection platform that gives enterprises a wide range of backup, snapshot, archive, recovery, space management, bare machine recovery, and disaster-recovery capabilities. It can help protect data on systems of all sizes, from a single point of control.
See how we’ve helped clients with these data protection solutions:
Through storage consolidation and virtualization, organizations are able to corral rising data volumes, meet the demands of data-intensive application workloads, and drive more efficient system performance. CAS Severn has the implementation experience to make managing your storage simple. Discover how we help our clients maximize their storage environment’s uptime, analytics, adaptability, and ease of management. Our clients have been able to increase their storage capacity by an estimated 50 to 70%. We can help you:
- Implement a solution that doesn’t make you go offline to make changes.
- Ditch the tedious management of your current storage solution.
- Consolidate storage and data recovery into one tool.
- Reduce workforce costs needed to manage storage.
The CAS Severn Innovation Center offers demonstrations on a more than 10 storage solutions, from elastic to software-defined. We invite you to see these solutions in action, a proof of concept, or even set up training for your staff.
- IBM V7000 Unified Gen2
- IBM DS5000
- IBM Elastic Storage Server GS4
- IBM SVC DH8s
- IBM Spectrum Control
- IBM Spectrum Protect
- IBM Spectrum Virtualize
- IBM Spectrum Scale
- HP 3par GUI
- HP 3par 7440c – All Flash
We work with clients to create an infrastructure roadmap with scalability, flexibility, and custom designed for their specific data and business demands, regulations, and goals. From experience with traditional workloads such as Oracle DB, SAP, Java, AIX, and IBM i, to new workloads including MongoDB, Node.JS, Python, and Linux, we can help simplify, virtualize, accelerate cloud enablement, and improve scale.
CAS Severn offers proven expertise for a wide range of IT infrastructure services for IBM Power Systems, AIX, IBM i and Linux.
IBM + Nutanix
A simpler, more powerful infrastructure
The strength of IBM Power Systems plus the simplicity of Nutanix private cloud software delivers 2x the price-performance as x86 systems for modern data workloads.
- IBM + Nutanix Data Sheet: IBM Hyperconverged Systems powered by Nutanix. High-performance enterprise infrastructure & private cloud platform
- IDC White Paper: IBM and Nutanix Partnership Expands Hyperconvergence into New Markets Without Compromises. This IDC white paper offers an overview of important hyperconverged and private cloud market trends, with an overview of the recently announced partnership between IBM and Nutanix, highlighting the benefits you can expect from this partnership.
- IDC White Paper: A New Breed of Servers for Digital Transformation: IBM and Nutanix Partnership Expands Hyperconvergence into New Markets Without Compromises. This white paper discusses the digital transformation journey that most organizations are — willingly or unwillingly — on today, why a robust one- or two-socket server infrastructure is a critical component of that journey, and what some of the caveats are for one- or two-socket servers. This white paper defines a road map on one- or two-socket servers for digital transformation in three stages, each with multiple steps — from running simple stateless web applications to adopting open source DBMSs to cloud to predictive modeling. It then talks about the various required parameters for an infrastructure of one- or two-socket servers and goes into the current market landscape for such servers. Finally, this white paper discusses IBM’s OpenPOWER LC servers, which run on POWER8, and some of the differentiators of this portfolio. Challenges and opportunities for both IBM and customers are discussed just before the paper’s conclusion. IDC White Paper: A New Breed of Servers for Digital Transformation
Linux on IBM Power Systems
Solve problems you couldn’t solve before
- Cabot White Paper — HPC and HPDA for the Cognitive Journey with OpenPOWER. Dr Srini Chari, Cabot Partners, discusses offerings from the OpenPOWER Foundation and how using IBM’s data centric design of Power Systems, and OpenPOWER innovation, organizations can cross this performance chasm to get the best possible business outcomes.
- IDC White Paper — A New Breed of Servers for Digital Transformation. There’s a smarter way to scale out. In this paper, IDC challenges IT buyers to compare price-performance versus x86-based servers.
- GeekGuide — Why Innovative App Developers Love High-Speed OSDBMS Take the complexities out of OSDBMS. When traditional databases can’t handle the big data deluge from mobile, social and IoT, open source seems like the obvious choice. Except… there are literally dozens of choices. LinuxJournal’s “Geek Guide,” Why Innovative App Developers Love High-Speed OSDBMS, demystifies the OSDBMS landscape and outlines the challenges and opportunities that open source brings to development: IBM Power Systems and MongoDB for today’s applications. The explosive growth of social applications, big data, mobile access and cloud computing is changing the way applications are developed. There’s less time to build applications than ever before as competition is fierce. Today, apps ship in a few weeks or months, not years. Unstructured data—video, images, audio—is becoming more prevalent, which can be problematic for traditional databases.
To best serve our clients, we are constantly exploring, evaluating, and investing in new solutions in the marketplace to meet the demands and challenges of a dynamic technology landscape.
See how many of our partners are recognized as leaders:
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for General-Purpose Disk Arrays
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for Distributed File Systems and Object Storage
- IBM Named Leader in IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Object-Based Storage 2016 Vendor Assessment for third consecutive year
- Gartner Report: Which Vendor Will Blink First in the Battle to Keep Unix Viable?