Cloud-integrated Data Protection and DR
In the multi-cloud world, we have seen the majority of our clients move to active-active data centers with cloud integrated disaster recovery and data protection. The outcome? An always-on business capable of withstanding operational issues and outages as well as larger-scale issues.
We help you define and deliver:
- Multi-site active-active data centers and fault tolerance.
- Cloud-integrated data protection and data recovery.
- Archive and data compliance solutions for SaaS and IaaS, as well as on-premise workloads.
- Data security, compliance, and encryption.
Specific Solutions Include:
Multi-Site Active-Active Data Center Architectures
We have delivered multi-data center availability for more than 20 years. We can help you determine what recovery point and recovery time objectives make the most sense for your applications, and balance cost with a new level of availability you may not have thought was possible.
As the cost of infrastructure has dropped and more simplistic active-active designs have come to market, we have delivered these designs for customers of all sizes, in as quickly as a month.
We design these solutions based on your preferred technologies, and work with all the major suppliers and technologies, such as IBM Storage, AIX, IBM i and Linux.
Cloud- Integrated Data Protection
We help our clients with three use cases for cloud integrated data protection:
- Archive less relevant data to the cloud, eliminating tape or expensive deduplication appliances with inexpensive cloud storage.
- Provide a DR copy out of region in the cloud for recovery of regional issues or disasters.
- Backing up IaaS and certain PaaS workloads from AWS, Azure, Google and IBM.
We work with the best technologies to enable these use cases, including but not limited to:
- IBM for our large enterprise users, and users of next gen workloads like Big Data and HPC.
- VEEAM for simplified and inexpensive enterprise data protection.
Office 365 & SaaS Data Protection
Did you know Gartner typically recommends backing up your Office 365 environments? Just because it’s in the cloud doesn’t mean all recovery scenarios you will encounter are built in. We offer cloud-based and on-premise solutions to backing up the unique requirements that come with a 365 deployment.
Other SaaS solutions often do not have robust data protection or DOD and SOX compliance built in. We can help you evaluate your SaaS technology suppliers to determine if their data protection and security practices conform to your corporate standards.
Data Security for Sensitive Data
While many of the above solutions enable fault tolerance and operational recoveries for issues like Malware attacks, we also provide best-in-class solutions for identifying critical data (such as personally identifiable information or PII) across your database and unstructured/file data sets, encrypting this data and securing the access to this data. More information on this subject can be provided by speaking to our Cybersecurity team.
DATA PROTECTION & STORAGE DEMONSTRATIONS
The CAS Severn Innovation Center offers demonstrations on a more than 10 data protection and storage solutions, from elastic to software-defined. We invite you to see these solutions in action, a proof of concept, or even set up training for your staff. You can see:
- IBM V7000 Unified Gen2
- IBM DS5000
- IBM Elastic Storage Server GS4, SVC DH8s
- IBM Spectrum Control, Spectrum Protect, Spectrum Virtualize, Spectrum Scale
- Nutanix Cloud Operating System