Empowering Your Business with Tailored IT Strategies and Solutions
Expert Consulting & Professional Services for IT Excellence
Project Management Services
From small to large IT projects, CAS Severn project managers (PMs) can provide oversight to your team, or manage your project end to end. From initial planning, to monitoring, to closing, we can have resources on your site, or working remote. Our professional PMs adhere to the Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) practices for development and services for project management.
Application Development and Software Integration
CAS Severn has skills and experience in these areas:
- Custom development
- Application integration
- Business process modeling
- Process documentation
- Workflow automation
- Application performance tuning
- Application modernization
Start your project with a comprehensive evaluation
At CAS Severn, our goal is to provide our clients with insight and recommendations so they can meet their goals for growth and success. A good place to start is with a comprehensive assessment to evaluate how technology is supporting and aligned with the business goals.
Our engineers and consultants maintain the highest levels of certification and are continuously learning and keeping up to date with the newest technological advancements to ensure that our customers get the best advice.
And, CAS Severn’s project management office provides guidance to the projects and programs that we manage.
DATA PROTECTION ASSESSMENTS
Application and system protection is a CAS Severn specialty both on-premise and in the cloud. We start by assessing your current data protection needs, then work with leading IT vendors to provide best-in-class solutions that can work in different IT environments.
To help you determine where you stand for backup and recovery in your IT environment, we offer two different assessments:
- Assessment 1 is an health check for your current systems. Upon the completion of this assessment, our team will make recommendations for key changes and improvements.
- Assessment 2 is for growth and readiness to help us determine if we need to re-architect a backup and recovery solution for new IT infrastructure expansion areas. If you are looking to migrate from your current data protection solution, we also provide a sizing assessment.
With each assessment, you will also gain a policy analysis for how your data is being protected so you can meet various regulatory standards—HIPAA and PCI for example. We will run different tests to make sure you are compliant.
BRIDGE TO CLOUD ASSESSMENT
First, our engineers assess what existing infrastructure can be cost effectively leveraged or optimized over the short, mid and long-term. Then we evaluate the best solution investment for the target environment, taking advantage of cloud services where it makes sense and meets your business needs. Upon completion, you will receive a report providing the baseline assessment, a clear summary of the business objectives, and a roadmap outlining steps or recommendations for areas of remediation, tactical improvement, and strategic direction to leverage the cloud where it makes sense.
IT ASSET MANAGEMENT (ITAM) with Siwel Consulting, Inc.
CAS Severn is partnered with Siwel to help clients avoid costly software licensing “gotchas.” The services are designed to provide guidance, strategy and direction to ensure that your contracts are supported and “right-sized” to minimize risk.
- Siwel helps organizations reconcile software license deployments to entitlements, providing a clear picture of your compliance position with your major providers.
- Siwel’s Audit Preparation and Audit Response Services provide guidance, strategy and direction for your organization to facilitate and improve the audit process and outcome.
SECURITY ASSESSMENT AND CONSULTING SERVICES
If you’re ready to transform your cybersecurity posture, CAS Severn can help you plan, build, and manage an integrated and proactive strategy that will protect, detect, prioritize, respond, address, and control security breaches. The team of highly experienced professionals has successfully implemented security solutions for organizations of all sizes, including education, healthcare, and state and federal government.
Our consultants can help you with one or all of the following aspects of your security framework:
- Advanced fraud
- Cloud identity and access
- Compliance expertise
- End point management
- Data security
- Identity access management
- Mobile devices
- Network security
- Security and awareness training
Incident Response Plan
We can help you go from hours to minutes in responding to emerging threats. Working with IBM’s industry-leading platform Resilient, we can make security alerts instantly actionable, provide valuable intelligence and incident context, and enable adaptive response to complex cyber threats. From strategic advisory consulting, incident response, design and deploy services, to cloud and managed security services, CAS Severn has the expertise to help you stay ahead of cyber criminals.
We can help test your applications, network, hardware, and more to defend against attacks. Our security testing program focuses on rapid testing of any target, and management of vulnerability data and analytics to help you rate your risk. Our experts work with you to document your requirements and recommend the appropriate testing profile for each of your targets.
Our cybersecurity experts can perform simulations of phishing campaigns, social engineering, ransomware, and physical security violations to determine risks of human behavior.
In order to establish an integrated and comprehensive security framework, a good first step is to evaluate your current security posture, identify gaps, and understand what is required to run a robust and more efficient enterprise-wide security program. CAS Severn uses an assessment methodology, based on Industry Standard best practices, that analyzes human behavior, processes for your applications, and infrastructure of your Information Technology (IT) systems. The model provides repeatable, measurable processes and procedures to produce a roadmap designed to identify, prioritize, address, and prevent security breaches.
DATA CENTER CONSULTING SERVICES
IT consulting is at the heart of CAS Severn. Our consultants take a structured, planned approach, specific to your business, your requirements, and your goals in identifying alternatives. Big or small, public or private, CAS Severn’s IT Consulting Division can help you identify the right answers for your organization.
- IT roadmap
- Infrastructure design and implementation planning
- Systems and facility migration planning
- Data protection services
- Business software and application planning
- Security: from endpoints to intelligence analysis
- Business Continuity Planning
DATA CENTER MOVE SERVICES
CAS Severn works closely with clients before, during, and after a data center move to handle every aspect of the move with minimal disruption to business. We pay close attention to protecting the integrity of physical assets, and provide the technical support to ensure systems are ready to go back into operation. CAS Severn brings strong project management practices, broad technical expertise, and deep partner relationships to execute each move. With our proven process and pre-move planning, many moves can be completed in one day.
IT Staff Augmentation
Our team of technical professionals hold more than 160 industry certifications. We can work on your site, on our site, or even a third party site – whatever works best for you. CAS Severn’s deep experience working with clients in the Federal, State, Healthcare, Education and Commercial industries means we can provide you with technical resources who understand how IT supports your organization’s objectives.
- Architecture, design, and analysis
- Application design and development
- CyberSecuity end-to-end infrastructure
- Engineering support services
- Long-term development, management
- iSeries (AS/400) support
- Data center and network operations
- Data center moves
- Project management
- Short-term projects
iSERIES MANAGED SERVICES
CAS Severn is a proven leader in the provisioning of IBM i (AS/400). With capabilities spanning the entire IBM i ecosystem from hardware and operating systems to applications, we consistently help clients overcome operational challenges.
- Your place, our place, or both. Flexible hosting with managed services for your environment in your data center or Colo, our Cloud, or both (Hybrid).
- Hardware end-of-life. Be ready for tomorrow by migrating production, disaster recovery (DR) and development to our IBM iCloud environment.
- Costly capital Save instantly with variable cost cloud-based capacity, allowing you to streamline your business.
- Relocation / We do the heavy lifting. CAS Severn can physically move or sunset your existing platform into our IBM iCloud platform with minimal risk.
- Limited support / skill. Remove the guesswork with a full complement of staff to continue your operations 24/7.
Data Protection Managed Services
Data protection and infrastructure performance management services are built around enterprise class IBM products/software, with a SaaS architecture, and have a subscription pricing model. Highlights include
- Data protection with cloud analytics and reporting designed for consumers of IBM’s Spectrum Protect.
- Backup as a Service leverages IBM’s Embedded Software Agreement.
- Infrastructure performance management offers IT operational intelligence, server and storage monitoring, and management, and more.
Avnet Government Solutions (AGS) Cyber Protect Services
CAS Severn, in a partnership with Avnet Government Solutions, offers Security-as-a-Service based on IBM’s industry leading security technologies. Bundled with professional services at the level the client needs, IBM’s security products are available to clients via a subscription-based OPEX purchasing model.
ADMINISTRATION AND MONITORING SERVICES
- Administration, management and monitoring of production, development and test environments.
- Perform the functions that a staff network administrator or engineer would perform.
HELP DESK AND OPERATIONS SUPPORT SERVICES
- Administration and management of help desk tickets.
- Maximum user accessibility.
SPECTRUM PROTECT SPECIALISTS
- Monitoring and managing Spectrum Protect environments to ensure the highest degree of effectiveness and operation.
- Supplement other Spectrum Protect management tools.
- Examine 90 key status points within Spectrum Protect, flagging trends, operational issues, pending areas of concern, and incorporating automated responses to routine actions to continually improve Spectrum Protect performance.
- Advanced reporting / charge-back plus show-back reporting.
- Full or partial managed service available.
HOSTING AND CO-LOCATION IN THE CAS SEVERN DATA CENTER
By taking advantage of CAS Severn’s state-of-the-art data center and data center services, clients are free to run their business, and delegate the routine IT functions to the our team of experts.
CAS Severn provides hosted services to clients who desire an alternative to using internal staff and facilities. Hosted services are applicable only to hosted systems, are based on a monthly fee, use CAS Severn certified engineers, and can encompass the following:
- System hosting services
- Applications hosting services
- Disaster recovery hosting services, admin and management
SECURITY MANAGED SERVICES
QRadar Managed Services
- SIEM Operations: 24×7 Incident Monitoring.
- Technical Support: 24×7 System Administration.
- Essential and Standard enhancements needed to get more from your QRadar investment.
© 2023 CAS Severn | All Rights Reserved
6201 Chevy Chase Drive
Laurel, Maryland 20707